TKLN CAST-RESIN BUS DUCTS
TKLN cast-resin fire-safe bus ducts for the rated current up to 11 000 A are used for electrical connections in power plants and substations, residential buildings, malls, petrochemical, oil & gas and industrial applications, and installed in AC circuits with frequency of 50 and 60 Hz with rated voltage up to 1 kV, and direct current circuits with rated voltage up to 1.5 kV and rated current up to 22 800 A.
- High fire safety (2 hours of exposure to direct fire with shock at a temperature of at least 830 °C in accordance with IEC 60331-12),
- Fire-resistance in building penetrations REI 360 in accordance with ISO 834-75,
- Protection degree IP68 in accordance with IEC 60529:2013,
- High mechanical strength of insulation IK10 in accordance with IEC 62262:2002 (impact energy of 50 J),
- Suitable for high humidity areas,
- High resistance to chemical, ultraviolet and aggressive environments Maintenance-free,
- Compact dimensions and any turning angles,
- Minimal probability of short-circuiting,
- Installation without welding,
- Designed for operation at seismic loads of division 9 by EMS-98 scale at the elevations of up to 70 m.
- TKLN is intended for operation between ambient temperatures ranging from -60° to +55 °C
- The lifespan of the product is 50 years.
- With degree of protection up to IP68, it’s an optimal solution for marine, offshore & wet environments.
- The very high fire withstand >3 hours means that it is perfect for service entrance & risers in civil constructions.
- TKLN has extreme resistance to chemicals & aggressive atmospheres.
- TKLN can be easily modified and extended as the facility grows/needs change.
- Due to high fire resistance, TKLN is used for emergency runs in datacenters (for computer use).
TKLN bus duct consists of elements in various configuration. Bus duct element as per fig. 1 consists of parallel copper or aluminium rectangular cross-section current-conducting buses enclosed in the special insulating material. The casted insulation material (compound) that is uses here consists of special resin and particles of fine-grained materials.
The compound possesses perfect dielectric properties, high mechanical strength and has a high fire, ultraviolet and chemical resistance. The elements are manufactured in lengths not exceeding 6 m. At the installation site, connection joints between bus duct elements are casted by compound which provides the insulation continuity along the whole length of the route with the IP68 protection degree. Design of bus bar element connection joints allows compensating the construction tolerances.
Fig.1. TKLN cast-resin bus duct elements
The bus duct elements as per fig. 2 are connected using a special set of connecting and insulating plates tightened with screws. After installation of the connection set and tightening the screw, the connection is casted with a similar compound prepared at the installation site (for more detailed description of the element connection process see our catalogue at page 34).
Fig.2. Connection of TKLN cast-resin bus duct elements
For connection with different electrical equipment, terminal elements are used. Terminal elements can be custom-made according to the project requirements. The contact flags of the terminal elements have openings for bolted connection of terminal elements with electrical equipment (for more detailed description of terminal elements see our catalogue at page 15-27).
Fig.3. TKLN cast-resin bus duct terminal elements
For compensation of the bus duct thermal dilatations, special expansion elements are used (see fig. 4). The average installation interval of expansion elements is 30 m for copper bus ducts with and 25 m for aluminium bus ducts. A more precise interval is determined based on the route design for a particular project (for ordering information see our catalogue at page 14).
Fig.4. TKLN cast-resin bus duct expansion element
Additional accessories include current and voltage transformers, branching devices for cable connection and protective enclosures for bus duct connection with transformers and LV switchgears. The list of bus duct elements is defined in the route assembly drawing developed for a particular project.
On customer request, bus duct connection joint elements can be tin plated, nickel plated or silver plated.
Fig. 5. Connection of TKLN cast-resin bus duct to equipment
RTC-ELECTRO-M provides services for installation supervision and installation of bus ducts at the customer’s site. Cast-resin bus ducts are maintenance free. RTC-ELECTRO-M experts regularly visit the sites after installation to inspect the bus duct systems (operational check of bus ducts and its operating conditions).
Bus ducts shall be mounted on loadbearing building structures (supports, floor, walls, ceiling) according to a engineering drawings using special steel or aluminium elements, seat angles, steel studs of various lengths and metalware supplied in set with the bus ducts.
CONNECTION OF BUS DUCT ELEMENTS (JOINTS)
The elements connected between each other by using connecting plates and by casting the insulating compound into the special casting moulds in the following sequence:
- the adjacent elements are placed with ensuring the gap between their terminals within 25-35 mm;
- the plates are installed on contact flags of each element with observing the strict symmetry and fixed using the fasteners ensuring the necessary torque of 75 Nm;
- casting moulds are installed;
- insulating compound is casted;
- insulating compound is left for hardening (hardening develops in 4 hours at the air temperature of +25°C, in 6 hours at the air temperature of +15°С and in 10 hours at the air temperature of +5°С);
- after the insulating compound hardening, the casting moulds are removed.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
The bus duct scope of supply includes:
- Bus bar elements,
- A set of connecting plates for connection joints,
- Moulds for joints casting with the insulating compound,
- Chemical components for making the insulating compound,
- Flexibles for connecting the equipment,
- Bus duct mounting system for fixing to building structures and metalware,
- Grounding system for supports, plates, protective enclosures etc.
The set of supporting documents includes:
- Operation Manual,
- Installation Manual,
- Design documents,
- Packing List,
- Routine Test reports,
- Warranty Certificate.