CAST-RESIN BUS BAR TYPE TKLC
The compact dimensioned cast resin bus bar TKLC is intended for connections in AC & DC circuits. For AC circuits the voltage range is up to 24 kV and rated current is up to 12 000 A, frequency can be 50 or 60 Hz. For DC circuits the voltage range is up to 33 kV, rated current up to 18 000 A.
- TKLC is intended for operation between ambient temperatures ranging from -60° to +55 °C
- The lifespan of the product is 50 years.
- With degree of protection up to IP68, it’s an optimal solution for marine, offshore & wet environments.
- The very high fire withstand >3 hours means that it is perfect for service entrance & risers in civil constructions.
- TKLC has extreme resistance to chemicals & aggressive atmospheres.
- TKLC can be easily modified and extended as the facility grows/needs change.
FEATURES OF TKLC
- Suitable for outdoor & indoor applications;
- Ambient temperature from -60° to +55 °C;
- Very high degree of protection up to IP68, suitable for marine & wet environments;
- High resistance to ultraviolet, chemicals and aggressive environments;
- Maintenance free;
- High degree of fire withstand;
- Small overall dimensions and bending radius;
- No phase to phase short circuit possible;
- Partial discharge free according to IEC 60137;
- Natural (air) cooling;
- Very low power losses (I²R);
- Lowest lifecycle costs for end clients.
E-Cu or E-Al conductors are embedded in a cast resin & inert fine particle, composite insulation material. The compound has excellent dielectric properties together with high mechanical strength. It is also extremely resistant to corrosive atmospheres. Modular design of prefabricated elements allows for ease of installation. The design of the Bus bar joints allows compensation of tolerances, each element can compensate between 10 mm - 20 mm.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND CERTIFICATION OF CAST-RESIN BUS BAR TYPE TKLC
- Certificates issued for TKLC meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 TKLC quality is ensured by means of close final inspection of electrical equipment.
- All conductor materials (copper and aluminum pipes, rods and stripes), insulation materials, nylon clamps and components from sub suppliers are rigorously checked.
- We also monitor each step of the electrical pathway during production.
- Each TKLC element is then high voltage tested in the manufacturer’s laboratory.
- Netherlands KEMA laboratory certified.
In addition to in house routine testing our products have undergone rigorous type testing as follows:
- Heat tests;
- Tests for stability under continuous currents of a short-circuit;
- Tests for resistance to mechanical factors of the environment;
- Tests for mechanical stability;
- Water-proof and dust-proof tests;
- Tests for heat resistance and frost resistance during the operation, transportation and storage;
- Tests of the electric strength of insulation;
- Test for the intensity of partial discharges;
- Seismic stability tests and other tests.
PRODUCTION LINES OF THE BUS BAR
Cast-resin bus bar type TKLC is manufactured for low and medium voltage systems.
We use universal casting forms as well as simultaneous automated monitoring, this means we can produce an almost unlimited number of different elements for low and medium voltage systems. We can produce both standard and custom built solutions. The straight elements are made with a maximum length of up to 4 meters.
The shaped elements are manufactured in various configurations: 2-shaped, T-shaped, with bends from 90° to 170°, T-offs, elements with a double bend, custom elements, etc.
TKLC - rated voltage of up to 24 kV, rated currents up to 12 000 A. The air gaps are designed in to allow for natural cooling of the bus bar. Single or paired conductors can be used in the bus bar design. Bus bars are completed with a self-supporting screen, and holders for the bus bar support during the installation on the metal structures. Special assembly supports are also provided.
|Nominal voltage||Up to 24 kV||Up to 33 kV|
|Nominal current||Up to 12 000 А||Up to 18 000 А|
Medium voltage system are completed with a special mesh protective screen. Bus bars for outdoor installation are completed with a climate screen.
Examples of elements
TKLC is made of self-extinguishing materials. Both products have a very high fire withstand. The corresponding test reports and fire certificates are issued for them. Wall penetrations are fire safe. Openings, through which a current distributor runs, are filled with special noncombustible materials.
Cast-resin bus bar type TKLC can be installed in the following variations, ceiling, floor, wall, both horizontal & vertical.
CONNECTION METHODS OF ELEMENTS
The bus bar TKLC consists of separate elements. Electrical connections elements sections are carried out by means of copper (aluminum) plates which have embedded nuts. These are tightened by using high-strength steel bolts with the correct torque applied, as defined in the installation manual. After the assembly, the bolted connections are cast with the same compound with which the insulation material of the bus bar’s elements is made, thereby providing the insulation continuity through the whole length of the route.
1. Aluminum profile (for mounting of the bus bar and for the screen installation)
ELECTRIC CONNECTION METHODS
Considering the variety of TKLC element shapes it is possible to connect the cast bus bar to any electric equipment (from the top, side or underneath):
Protective boxes may be used for protection of contact connections (degree of protection IP65 and greater). For the connection of the TKLC bus bar to other electric equipment, bus flexible connectors of various designs are used: press-welded flexibles, high-flexible braids.
To compensate the linear changes caused by thermal expansion contraction, a special expansion element is supplied to be installed through each 35-40 m of a direct route.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AND ACCESSORIES
Depending on the specification requirements, cast resin bus bar TKLC can be completed with an additional electric equipment:
- Current transformers
- Voltage transformers
- Disconnecting switches
- Tap off boxes with MCCB
- Terminal elements for the cable connection
- Overvoltage limiters
- Automatic circuit breakers
- Tap-offs for other rated currents
THE STANDARD SET OF EQUIPMENT
- Cast-resin bus bar type TKLC elements;
- Connection plates;
- Molds for casting the elements connection places during the installation;
- Fixation system;
- Chemical components for compound preparation (during the installation);
- Flexible connectors;
- Earthing cable;
- Factory packaging (wooden pallets/boxes).
- A vacuum mixer with the drive (for medium voltage);
- Protective boxes;
- Accessories/additional equipment.
- Packing list;
- The set of assembly factory drawings;
- Installation instruction manual;
- Test reports for each element;
- Technical passport.
The set of associated documentation is provided in English.
According to the design documentation bus bars & components are packed and fastened into wooden boxes. Separately delivered small size assembly units, details and fasteners are packed into wooden boxes according to the design documentation.